March 15, 2011 (Portland, Oregon) – The SoMe Awards are back this spring to honor the best in social media marketing and innovation. This year anyone in the U.S. can submit an entry, but must be present to win. Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2011.
The awards will be presented at The Fez Ballroom in downtown Portland on April 21, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 at the door and the price of admission includes appetizers and a beverage. The awards show follows the all-day eMarketing Summit at the Innotech Conference and Summit attendees will automatically receive a ticket to the show.
SoMe Award categories include:
- The Sugar Daddy Award (Best Brand Awareness/User Engagement over $25k)
- The People Like Me Award (Best Brand Awareness/User Engagement under $25k)
- The Scrappy & Engaged Award (Best Brand Awareness/User Engagement under $500)
- The Rich Get Richer Award (Best ROI over $25k)
- The Keep Your Job Award Best ROI under $25k)
- The Soon-to-Be Wealthy Award (Best ROI under $500)
- The Next Big Thing Award (Best Social Media App)
- The House Party Award (Best Agency)
- Best in Show
- People’s Choice Award (determined by award show attendees)
The online submission form, rules, and details about previous winners are available at SoMeAwards.com. Sponsorship opportunities for the event are still available, with information provided on the website as well.
The SoMe Awards are presented by Social Media Club Portland, SEMpdx, the Software Association of Oregon, TMMPDX.com and InnoTech. “This is the first year we’ve invited entries from throughout the U.S.,” said Jeffrey Kingman, president of Social Media Club Portland. “We’re excited to see what that brings – not only in social media marketing, but also in community building and customer service.”
Now in its third year, the SoMe Awards has become the social event of the season for marketers and techies. For additional information, contact Sean Lowery of Innotech via email or by calling 503-570-6295.