Spring is finally here, get excited and warm up for summer with the following marketing events. Mobile, User Experience, Business Communication and Search Engine Marketing are hot topics this month. We hope you enjoy the TMMPDX top 10 marketing events for May 2011:
WebVisions 2011 is a nationally recognized event that explores the future of web design, technology, user experience and business strategy. This year’s all-star lineup of speakers includes author Douglas Rushkoff, design strategist David Armano, mobile visionary Rachel Hinman, user experience superstar Jared Spool, Kelly Goto of GotoMedia, and more!
Registration required, $175-$625
2) 140 Characters Conference NW “Exploring the State of Now” – Thursday May 21st, 6:00pm,-10:00pm
Hilton Hotel Convention Center, 301 W 6th Street, Vancouver, WA
The key focus of this conference is on how real time technology (like Twitter and Facebook) is changing business, government, healthcare, social services, media, education, celebrity – everything.
There will be over 40 different presentations with nearly 70 speakers, all presenting back-to-back and all without the aid of powerpoint. Tickets are free, but the event organizers are asking attendees to bring EITHER a lap-sized stuffed animal, bag of aquarium rocks OR a cash donation to support the Heavy Helper Program at the Children’s Center in Vancouver, Washington. For those who cannot attend in person, this conference will be live streamed on the internet.
Registration required, FREE
The 16th annual Communicator’s Conference, “Communicating in a Changing World,” is the region’s premier one-day public relations’ and business communicators’ conference for professionals. Political revolutions in the Middle East, the catastrophic natural disaster in Japan: the world is literally changing beneath our feet and through our keyboards. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube – the Web 2.0 sites that just seemed like Internet candy a couple years ago have played critical roles in these world changing events. PRSA, Portland Metro Chapter, and IABC, Oregon Columbia Chapter, announced the action-packed conference schedule with a dozen professional leaders, including three national speakers, presenting on social media, globalization, employee communication and more. Jeanette Gibson, Director of Social Media Marketing and 11-year veteran at Cisco Systems will open this year’s conference with a dynamic keynote, “Hello Brand, Meet Social Media.” Cisco began its social media journey with the launch of its technology blogs in 2005. Jeanette Gibson will explain how Cisco uses social media to create conversations with customers, partners, employees, shareholders and the public. Jeanette will show how she and her team: Created a social media center of excellence to scale social media usage globally, Balanced a personal and corporate brand across B2B and B2C marketing programs, Positioned Cisco as a thought leader through executive blogs – and how such efforts attract customer participation, Used social listening to make external communications more relevant and authentic, and more. Breakout sessions The conference will cover a number of topics related to social media, public relations, business communications and marketing, including: Creating conversations and measuring results Crafting high impact news stories The rise of global citizenship Tapping the hidden job market Internal communications View a complete list of speakers and presentations
Registration required. $105 for PRSA and IABC members, $115 for non-members, and $50 for students. Lunch is included.
4) PSU Professional Development Center presents: Live Skype session with David Armano – Tuesday May 24th, 5:30pm-7:00pm
Market Square Building, 1515 SW 5th Ave, Room 1053, Portland
Known for his visual thinking brand, David Armano has influenced social media for business through this blog, Logic + Emotion. A frequent writer for Harvard Business Review, David will interact with a PSU class on May 24th, prior to the WebVisions conference. David will begin his talk at 6pm. Please RSVP to Jennifer Portis (firstname.lastname@example.org) before May 20th, space is limited to 40 participants.
RSVP required. FREE
WebTrends wants to have you over for lunch to show you their new product, Analytics 10. Wondering what Lunch 2.0 is? Lunch 2.0 is a phenomenon that began in Silicon Valley and then introduced to Portland in 2007. You can read about current events and the history behind Lunch 2.0 at lunch20.com. Please RSVP. This event is free!
RSVP required. FREE
Do you already have a paid search strategy but want to take it to the next level? Learn advanced Pay-Per-Click (PPC) strategies and tactics on Google and Yahoo/Bing at this seminar. In addition, the presenters will cover social media advertising on Facebook and Twitter, keyword expansion, ongoing competitive research, a review of Google Quality Score, advanced campaign and ad group strategies, content and site placement strategies, ad text testing, advanced bid management tactics, and measuring success and return on ad spend.
Join the Portland Business Journal and a panel of five marketing experts to discuss marketing strategies ranging from sustainability to negotiation to ethnographic research.
A culmination of all four previous Get Smart NW courses, the final beginner course, Brilliant, builds skills in ROI (Return on Investment) basics, blogging, YouTube and email communications (newsletters, content, frequency, drip campaigns, social media optimization tools). Attendees will conduct exercises such as creating, optimizing and designing a company blog and branded YouTube channel. This final course also prepares students for our advanced level sessions where they will be creating a fully executable social media plan.
Registration required, $105.99
Join Colleen Wright of the Search Engine Academy Northwest as she teaches the latest search engine marketing tips and tactics. In this 2-day course you will learn the essentials of getting your website indexed appropriately and quickly.
SEO Training Course Day 1
- 2-Day Beginner’s Class Discover a complete 6-step system for performing effective search engine marketing
- Learn how to perform keyword research that will attract your target market
- Write content that will turn visitors into customers
- Find out the importance of keyword placement on your web pages and where to actually place the keywords
- Discover how to improve your Click-through Ratios
SEO Training Course Day 2
- Learn optimal techniques to get your pages indexed by the Search Engines.
- Find out what it takes to monitor your progress and the tools to help you.
- Understand the benefits of working with ranges of pages.
- Discover what it takes to stay out of trouble with the search engines by learning about anti-spamming guidelines.
- Learn why submitting your site to directories is important and how to choose the correct directories.
- What is Link Popularity and why is it important.
- Receive internal and external link building strategies that will make it easier for the search engines to find your web pages.
- Learn about the missing element in SEO: Creativity and find out how you too can get your creative juices flowing!
- Get your site reviewed and walk away with a customized action-plan to get your website optimized for maximum performance.
- Learn about technologies that can improve your conversion rates and capture phone calls right from your web site.
See the website for information on the 5-day Comprehensive course that combines the 2-day Essentials and the 3-day Advanced course material.
Registration required, $995-$1,095
Portland bloggers meet up to help each other with their blogs. Have beer with geeks and well-mannered dogs. Good times are had by all.
This event is FREE