This #tmmTV Hangout On Air features TMM community members Heather English, James C.
Smith, Sthuthi Sagal and PSU’s Digital Marketer of the Year, Jana Kopp. They have all made the journey from student to digital marketing PRO and are offering up advice on how to best find success in the industry.
- Heather English, Director of Marketing TMMPDX and Business Development Coordinator at Sparkloft Media
- James C. Smith, Director of Partnerships TMMPDX and Digital Marketing Strategist
- Jana Kopp, Digital Marketing Strategist at Mambo Media
- Sthuthi Sahgal, Social Media Community Manager for TMMPDX, current student at PSU’s CEPE Center for Executive and Professional Education
Got suggestions for a program guest or topic?
Please be sure to email any program suggestions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! You can also tweet your questions during the live broadcast using the #tmmTV hashtag.
Previous Episodes of #tmmTV
Welcome to #tmmTV SoMe Awards Edition! Our guest panelists included:
- Stephanie Stricklen, SoMe Award emcee, KGW New Anchor
- Chris Brogan, SoMe Award Hall of Fame Award winner and CEO and President of Human
Business Works. His latest book is called ‘The Impact Equation’ co-authored with Julien
- Cindy King, Director of Editorial at Social Media Examiner and SoMe Awards Judge
- Ric Dragon, CEO of DragonSearch and author of the recent book ‘Social Marketology’. He
was also on the SoMe Judging panel this year.
- Jen Peck, event organizer, TMMPDX Director of Marketing
This hour long video discusses the upcoming SoMe Awards taking place on May 16th, 5pm in downtown Portland. Several judges and our first Social Media Hall of Fame Award winner, Chris Brogan, take questions on social media past and present.
This broadcast features Portland marketing executive, Raime Merriman. She discusses her role as president of Portland Female Executives or PDXfX.org. Learn how to get involved with this supportive women’s group as Raime discusses details about their upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and open board positions.
We are also joined by TMMPDX Senior Editor, Heather English, who shares her insights on women in the workplace. Despite the fact that more women are graduating with advanced degrees than men, women aren’t filling the top executive roles at Fortune 50o companies. We’ll look at some recent stats and discuss some of the reason why women are still shut out of leadership roles.
This 30 min broadcast covers:
- Portland Female Executives group, a Portland based group supporting education and networking for women
- How to bring a Girlrising screening to a neighborhood theater near you
- Advice on how to move up the corporate ladder
- Discussion around WHY more women aren’t in leadership roles
Miss our last #tmmTV webcast? Be sure to check-out the on-demand version below and learn about Portland’s own digital marketing certificate program. Part of Portland State’s Professional Development Center, the certificate includes 5 courses that prepare industry professionals to implement successful digital marketing campaigns.
Miss our LIVE broadcast with Merry Morud from aimClear? No problemo! Watch the on-demand version below and learn more about her upcoming Searchfest presentation on February 22nd in downtown Portland, OR. Seats are still available for Searchfest, be sure to register using discount code: TMMPDX. Please be sure to RSVP for our NEXT #tmmTV episode February 7th 5pm PST and stay tuned for guest details.
#tmmTV VIDEO: Digital Marketing Panel Discuss Facebook Graph Search, Predictions for 2013 and PRIVACY
- @Melissa_Barker, Social Media Manager at Jive Software and author of the book:
Social Media Marketing, A Strategic Approach
- @joesnellpdx, Technical Director at TMMPDX.COM and a freelancer extrodinaire
- @AGPDX, Andrew Grossman, Social Media Strategist and Community Manager at PGE
- @amandabernard, Director of Digital Marketing at ISITE Design
In this informative hour long broadcast our panel of digital strategists discuss the the latest industry news, review their favorite new tools and answer audience questions.
- What made NEWS this week in the digital marketing industry
- New social media metrics our panelists are tracking for their clients
- The role social media can play in your overall marketing strategy
- How to transition a personal social media profile to a more professionally focused network
- Our experts favorite digital marketing tools that you NEED in your toolbox
- Tips on using Storify to help prove the value of your social media campaigns (Our panelist, Andrew Grossman, outlines how he has used Storify in this recent blog post.)